Lakeland Electric customers can receive a refund of up to $4,000 thanks to the Lakeland Electric Solar Battery Rebate.
This offer is part of the Lakeland Electric Battery Incentive Program, which is working to promote battery storage systems to minimize peak electrical demands.
This is great news for all Lakeland Electric customers!
What is the Lakeland Electric Solar Battery Rebate?
Lakeland Electric’s solar rebate provides a refund of 50% of the costs of a solar battery energy storage system – capped at up to $4,000 per customer. This is a one-time rebate, helping customers purchase and install solar batteries for use with customer-owned solar panels.
- One rebate per new battery system purchase per service address.
- Rebate available for purchases as of October 1, 2020.
- While funds last.
- Rebate applications are processed and paid within 4-6 weeks after they’ve been received.
- Rebates will be provided in a check to customers.
Do I Qualify for Lakeland Electric Solar Battery Rebate?
If you’re a Lakeland Electric residential customer on the demand rate with a solar panel system, then you can participate in the Lakeland Electric Solar Battery Rebate Program.
- Only for new battery purchases since October 1, 2020.
- Replacement batteries do not qualify.
- Eligible battery systems must meet at least 6 kWh of usable capacity rating.
- Required warranty of at least 10 years or 5,000 cycles – one cycle is one full discharge.
- The battery system must be programmable to operate in self-consumption mode.
- Must be a residential Lakeland Electric customer who lives in the Lakeland Electric service territory.
- Must pay for electric service and own the property where the new battery is.
- Proof of ownership may be required.
- The solar battery must be connected to and charged by solar panels or another renewable generation system.
How to Apply for Lakeland Electric Solar Battery Rebates
- Applications must be postmarked or emailed within 90 days of the date displayed on your battery system’s invoice.
- You must provide:
- Proof of a registered address for the solar battery system, showing it matches your Lakeland Electric services.
- Proof of battery equipment model, manufacturing date, performance rating and serial numbers.
Other documentation may be required. You can learn more and begin the process here.
Don’t Miss Out – Act Now!
Lakeland Electric says “funds are limited and subject to availability” – so act fast!
If you’ve been considering installing a solar battery and you’re a Lakeland Electric customer, this is the perfect opportunity for you. It’s not every day you get the chance to save up to $4,000 on solar equipment, so don’t miss out!
How to Install a Solar Battery System in Lakeland, FL
Lakeland Electric says that customers are responsible for installing the system and must meet all applicable state and local laws. You must choose wisely. Here at Florida Power Services, we regularly help Florida residents install state-of-the-art solar batteries suitable for rebates, such as Lakeland Electric’s program.
New to Solar?
If you’re entirely new to solar but are a Lakeland Electric customer, then the good news is that Lakeland Electric is very solar aware.
They have energy analysts who can help you calculate what’s possible for your home, from set-up costs and variable costs to designs for your property.
They’ll later ask you to find a Florida solar contractor, but you don’t need to search far! Here are Florida Power Services, we’re always just a call away. As a leading Florida solar installation company, we regularly help homeowners achieve their solar dream with financing options, state-of-the-art equipment, optimal designs and unbeatable warranties.
What Are Grid-Tied Solar Battery Systems?
Lakeland Electric customers can enjoy rebates of grid-tied solar battery systems.
These systems combine two approaches to solar energy – making the best of both worlds.
With solar panels on your roof, you generate free, clean electricity while still using the grid when needed.
However, add a battery into the mix and a whole new world opens up. When the grid is down, or when you want to reduce your grid consumption – you can turn to your solar battery!
The battery and backup inverter is a life-saver for hurricane season! When the blackout comes, your home will still have its lights on!
Solar batteries are also perfect for anyone who needs reliable power for critical load uses – such as servers, streaming purposes, life support and health-related equipment, fridges and freezers.
Grid-tied solar batteries are considered low-risk investments. Over the years, you’ll save tens of thousands of dollars and avoid rising electricity prices.
Arguably best of all, your property value will soar! Reports show that solar homes gain $20,000 in value for every $1,000 saved in annual electricity! It’s clear the world is heading in an eco-conscious direction, and homes like yours will be the ones people want first!
Lakeland Solar Statistics
- Average out-of-pocket cost for a 5 kW system
- Lakeland: $12,500
- US Average: $14,000
- Average Payback Period
- Lakeland: 8 years
- US Average: 10 years
- Average Net 20-year savings
- Lakeland: $19,092
- US Average: $15,225
Install Solar in 2022 to Save a Further 26%!
- All solar installation costs can be reduced by 26% in 2022! That’s thanks to Federal Tax Credits.
- These credits will reduce by 4% in 2023! And get lower and lower each year.
- If your installation is valued at $30,000, you could save $7,800 in 2022!
Act now to save a further 26% on top of your Lakeland Electric Solar rebate!
Install Solar Batteries in Lakeland, Florida
If you’re interested in installing a solar battery in Lakeland, then call us today. We’ll help you finance and set up your battery system, ensuring you qualify for the Lakeland Electric Solar Battery Rebate.
Florida Power Services “The Solar Power Company” is the Sunshine’s states leading solar power installer and would love to help you save thousands of dollars in 2022 while installing these new exciting backup microinverters.
With over 20 years of experience, we are regarded as one of the leading locally based solar companies in Florida.