Enphase has just released its most powerful home solar battery to date for customers in the U.S., called the “IQ Battery 5P”. This stunning state-of-the-art release can revolutionize any home-solar project!
Every now and then a game-changing piece of solar tech is released. We consider this Enphase battery one of those, as it offers unmatched power to keep your home powered by solar without compromise during day or night, with or without the grid.
It also looks stunning, with wall and floor mount options allowing for a customized solar battery design.
What Makes Enphase’s New ‘IQ Battery 5P’ So Great?
- Modular by design, Enphase’s new ‘IQ Battery 5P’ can provide 3.84 kW of continuous power and 7.68 kW peak power for 3 seconds.
- That makes it perfect for powering up even the most demanding of home appliances and devices when the grid is down.
- Capacity size options range from 5 kWh to a whopping 80 kWh!
- An industry-leading 15-year limited warranty in the U.S.
- Can be configured for self-consumption, savings, or full backup functionality.
- Can be configured without backup capabilities (a.k.a ‘grid-tied’).
- Setup comes without the IQ System Controller, to minimize overall system components and reduce upfront costs.
- However, it can be added at any moment for extra backup functionality.
- No risk of high-voltage direct current (DC) exposure.
- Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) battery chemistry provides a long cycle life, and;
- Safer operation through improved thermal stability.
Can I Upgrade to Enphase’s New Solar Battery?
If you’ve already got a solar power system installed on your property, you can upgrade to Enphase’s new battery system for added power! The new IQ Battery 5P will provide you with an extra oomph when the grid goes down so you can get your appliances back up to power instantly!
Or if you’ve got an off-grid system, these batteries will be perfect for improving your existing system – making it future-proofed and significantly more powerful!
Should I Get a Solar Battery With Solar Panels?
Installing a solar battery when buying solar panels is very much about personal preference, but we always advise it. If you can answer yes to the following, it’ll be right for you:
- Do you want the ability to power your home when there are grid outages (such as during storms)?
- Do you want to be able to use solar energy at night?
- Do you want to be able to use solar energy even on cloudy or stormy days?
If you want an entirely off-grid configuration then you will also 100% need a solar battery system installed.
Please refer to our solar battery sizing chart to calculate your recommended installation.
At Florida Power Services ‘The Solar Power Company’ we use Enphase components throughout our designs, such as:
- IQ Battery 5P
- IQ™ System Controller 3/3G
- IQ™ Combiner 5/5C
These components all offer significantly improved solar experiences for homeowners due to more power, resilient wired communication and a better ROI than competitor products.
Florida Power Services highly recommends and trusts Enphase for its solar components. Enphase is a Canadian-based company and is the world’s leading supplier of micro inverter-based solar and battery systems.
Their components are controllable with a smartphone app, making home solar usage a breeze. They have shipped over 3.3 million Enphase-based systems and over 63 million microinverters.
Best of all Enphase batteries and components meet the ‘satisfactory quality’ requirement for the extra 10% solar federal tax credit hack.
The Benefits of Installing Solar Batteries in Florida:
- Power during grid failures.
- The ability to use net metering.
- Independence from the grid.
- Hassle-free and low maintenance.
- Significantly reduced carbon footprint.
- Improved property value.
Net Metering Explained
- Net metering is the process of selling your excess solar energy generation back to the grid.
- The local energy provider will give you retail rate credits for the power you’ve provided.
- Your solar helps power the local neighborhood.
- An average of 20-40% of solar energy goes to the grid, saving you money and no wasted solar.
How Do Solar Batteries Work?
- The solar panels collect solar energy from the sun.
- The inverters convert the energy into electrical current.
- The energy powers your home as desired.
- Excess solar energy goes to your solar batteries, where it is safely stored.
- When required, the solar batteries deploy the electricity back into the home.
- This can be automatic when the grid goes down (such as in a storm).
- If your solar panels aren’t providing enough energy (such as on cloudy days or during the night), then your batteries can kick in to provide electricity.
Read Related: FAQs about Solar Batteries in Florida
How to Save Thousands on Solar Batteries in Florida
You get a big helping hand when buying solar batteries in Florida thanks to several federal and state incentives. These include:
- Federal Tax Credits
- Sales Tax Exemptions
- Property Tax Exemptions
Federal Tax Credits for Solar Batteries in Florida
Solar installers can save as much as 40% thanks to Federal Solar Tax Incentives! If you qualify, you’ll get a reduction on your income tax bill for the % of your solar installation cost.
- Federal tax credits provide a reduction on your income tax bill.
- For example, $2,000 of Federal tax credits = $2,000 less required income tax.
- 40% of your solar installation can qualify and be claimed on your federal income taxes.
- There is no maximum amount that you can claim.
- Rolls over to the next year if needed!
- The current rate of 40% is available until 2033 when it will drop to 36%.
Note: The standard federal tax credit saving is 30%, but if your installation meets the domestic content requirements you gain an extra 10%!
Learn more in our Florida Solar Tax Credits Guide.
Buy Enphase Solar Batteries in Florida Today
If you want to buy and install Inphase’s new IQ Battery 5P in Florida then we can help.
Florida Power Services ‘The Solar Power Company’ is a highly rated, fully certified local solar company that can help you install a dream solar power system with solar batteries. We also provide financing and plans to give you the best return on investment.
We welcome you to contact us today or call (727) 667-9955 to install solar panels in Tampa, FL and its surrounding areas. The quote you get will be kept!