If you’re looking to install solar panels in Bradenton, FL then it’s wise to know the steps that are to come. You don’t want to waste your investment by making a misunderstanding.
There are also various ways to take full advantage of living in this beautiful city, such as through net metering and tax incentives.
Bradenton Solar Panel Installation Checklist
Here are the steps to get started with your Bradenton solar panel installation,.
- Determine solar configuration size
- Choose the type of solar panels you want
- Choose your configuration type
- Do you know your HOA laws?
- How will you finance your installation?
- Learn about tax incentives
- Learn about net metering
- Find a local Bradenton solar installation company
- Start work with your chosen solar company!
- Get the installation complete and ready to use in 2-6 weeks from signing the purchase agreement to the final bolts on the roof and the green light from your utility company.
Determine Solar Configuration Size
Determining the size of your solar panel configuration is one of the first steps you need to take when installing solar panels in Bradenton. ‘Size’ includes both the physical size and the amount of energy your system will generate.
- Determine how big your roof is, or spare land (such as your yard) to place panels in; this way you can determine the limits to your configuration size.
- To calculate how many solar panels you’ll need, you must consider your household energy consumption.
- Usually, a residential solar power system in Bradenton requires six 300-watt solar panels for every 5 kWh of daily energy use.
- Please use our system size calculator to get an estimate before consulting our expert local solar team.
Choose The Type of Solar Panels You Want
Next, you’ll need to choose the type of PV solar panels you want. This usually comes down to budget and preference. There are both black (monocrystalline) and blue (polycrystalline) panels available.
- Black panels are a higher price but absorb more sunlight and may blend in better with dark roof tiles.
- Blue panels offer a lower entry price and are more eco-friendly (due to less material waste during manufacturing).
Florida Power Services ‘The Solar Power Company’ recommends using:
- Q Cells (U.S.)
- Canadian Solar (Canadian)
- Hyundai (S Korea)
Choose Your Configuration
When installing solar panels in Bradenton, you can choose to between three configurations:
As the name suggests, an off-grid system allows your property to have electricity completely independently of the main grid.
- You will save on paying an electricity bill.
- You will have electricity during storms, cloudy days, utility outages and during the night.
- Requires solar batteries.
- Grid-tied solar homes are powered by a blend of utility power and solar energy.
- Put simply, you use solar to minimize your utility demands.
- On sunny days, you’ll likely be using little to no utility energy.
- But when night falls or you go over your solar limits, the grid will provide you with the power needed.
- A great way to save money and boost property value.
Grid-Tied with Solar Batteries (Hybrid)
- The hybrid option uses the set-up the same as the grid-tied option but with solar batteries.
- Your home can store and utilize solar energy from the batteries.
- You can power your home at night, during cloudy days.
- You’ll have electricity during outages and storms.
- If you go over your solar energy limits, you can turn to the grid for that extra helping hand so you’re never in the dark!
Do You Know Your HOA Laws?
If you’re part of a Homeowners Association in Bradenton, you may be pressured or told that you can’t install solar panels. This isn’t true.
- HOAs are forbidden from prohibiting a property owner from installing solar.
- An HOA can restrict solar panel placement, but not if the solar panel’s performance suffers as a result.
How Will You Finance Your Bradenton Solar Installation?
You should consider in advance how you’ll finance your Bradenton Solar Installation. Remember that Federal Tax Incentives can make your installation costs 30% less than expected.
- Buy the panels outright with cash.
- Buy the panels with a loan from a credit union or bank.
- Use one of Florida Power Services’ 3 financial plans (via our partnership with a local reputable Solar Financing Companies).
- Enjoy low, fixed monthly payments and competitive interest rates.
- No money out of pocket purchase!
- Purchase solar panels together with your co-op.
Learn About Incentives for Solar Panels in Bradenton
Crucially, you shouldn’t overlook the solar incentives available for all Florida solar energy system owners.
- Federal tax credits
- Property tax exemptions
- Sales tax exemptions
Consult your chosen Bradenton solar installation company on when to apply for these incentives.
Federal Tax Credits
The Federal Tax Credits reward solar owners with a 30% reduction on their solar installation costs.
- Federal tax credits provide a reduction on your income tax bill.
- For example, $2,000 of Federal tax credits = $2,000 less required income tax.
- 30% of all solar installation costs can qualify and be claimed on your federal income tax bill.
- No maximum cost that you can reduce the cost on!
- Rolls over to the next year if needed.
- The current rate of 30% is available until 2033 when it will drop to 26%.
- On a $30,000 solar installation, you would save $9,000!
Learn more in our Florida Solar Tax Credits Guide.
Sales Tax Exemption
- Bradenton solar panel owners can benefit from Florida’s (Florida’s Solar and CHP Sales Tax Exemption) to avoid paying the 6% cost on your new panels.
Property Tax Exemption
Florida’s 100% property tax exemption allows you to:
- Remove the added value of your solar system from the tax valuation of your home.
- Keep your property tax value as it was before the solar installation.
- Your market value price increases as normal.
Learn About Net Metering
When you’ve installed your solar panels in Bradenton, you can enjoy one of the best things about going solar in Florida – net metering.
- Net metering allows you to sell your excess solar energy generation back to the grid.
- The local energy provider will give you retail rate credits for the power you’ve provided.
- With an estimated 20-40% of solar energy being sold back through net metering, you’ll make considerable savings from day one!
Find a Local Installation Company
Once you’ve completed the steps above, it’s time to find a local Bradenton installation solar company.
Only pick a reputable company. In recent years we’ve seen several companies make false yet alluring promises to customers, only to go out of business and leave them with unfinished projects.
- Look for an experienced company.
- Must be locally operated and owned.
- They must be fully licensed and insured.
- Certified Solar PV Installer by “The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners”
- Florida State Certified Solar Contractor
- Approved by the American National Standards Institute
- Certified Engineers
- They use their own engineering team.
- They have great Google reviews.
- They treat you with respect.
- They educate you on solar topics such as net metering and federal tax credits.
- They provide a quote price promise.
Florida Power Services ‘The Solar Power Company’ ticks all these boxes and will efficiently install your solar panel system. We have never let down our customers.
Start Work with Your Bradenton Solar Power Installation Company
Once you’ve chosen the solar company you want to trust, here are the steps that happen next:
- The purchase agreement is signed.
- You fill out the ‘apply for financing’ form.
- The loan agreement is emailed for signature.
- Equipment is ordered and the permit package is started.
- Permit Application Is Submitted To The City/County, NOC Is Filed With The Clerk Of Court
- Permit Is Issued, Installation Is Scheduled
- High-quality installation is complete!
- The solar system is tested for performance for any faults.
- Bradenton City or Manatee County inspection is performed.
- Once passed, the loan complete email is sent for signature.
- Once the loan is closed, the utility interconnection application can be submitted.
- It should be approved after 14-30 days.
- The utility company permits you to operate!
- The system starts working and within 24 hours, you can start net metering!
All this is complete in just 2-6 weeks!
START YOUR TAMPA SOLAR INSTALLATION TODAY!
If you want to use a trusted Bradenton solar company, then look no further.
Florida Power Services ‘The Solar Power Company’ is a highly rated, fully certified local solar company that can help you install a dream, rooftop solar system. We also provide financing and plans to give you the best return on investment.
We welcome you to contact us today or call (727) 667-9955 to install solar panels in Tampa. The quote you get, will be kept!